HELLO kings and Queens!
I just wanted to share a quick and easy recipe with you all. If you are ballin on a budget like myself then this recipe will be perfect for you. I love okra and it has always been a comforting meal for me because it reminds me of home. When I’m homesick, I make this quick pick me up. Traditionally, okra stew is made with goat meat, beef, or salt fish, but I decided to leave out the meat in an effort to reduce my meat consumption.
*disclaimer I eyeball everything that I cook so this recipe is mainly guesstimations. I suggest that you use this recipe as your base. Be creative and trust your tastebuds! Enjoy!
Half an onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 frozen tomato
veggie or peanut oil
1 tablespoon of tomato paste (optional)
1 maggie bouillon cube (optional) or seasons of your choice
- Chop okra into small bits ( the smaller the okra the more slimy it will be)
- I wide pan , saute chopped onion and garlic on med heat for 1 min.
- add roughly chopped tomato and tomato paste.
- add bouillon cube or seasonings of your choice.
- let simmer for 6 mins.
- add veggies and okra
- add water, about 2 cups
- cover and let simmer for 15 mins or until the oil and water have merged together.
- serve with rice.