THE FOOD BLOG IS FINALLY HERE YALL. I know I have been promoting that I would be doing more cooking posts on the blog, but time really hasn’t been on my side. Writing recipes is actually really tedious work lol! Anywho, I am here now and I am super excited to share some of favorite dishes to make and eat with you all.
Today, I would like to share a super easy and filling breakfast food that also works as a desert. Banana batter French toast. This dish is cheap to make, doesn’t need any sugar and is also VEGAN! Enjoy.
All of the following ingridents can be purchased at TRADER JOES:
- 1-2 bananas make sure they are RIPE!
- 3 tbsp of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- olive oil
- vanilla almond milk (sweetened or unsweetened)
- In a medium sized bowl, mash bananas with a fork until it is a batter like mixture.
- Then add; cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and stir.
- Depending on the consistency of the batter, you can decide if you would like to add almond milk. If you like crispy toast, don’t add it in but if you like your toast to be on the softer side go for it.
- This brings us to the last step. frying the toast. Make sure you coat your non stick pan with enough oil so your toast won’t stick! working with medium high heat, fry French toast until golden brown on both sides.
Co-founder and the wellness curator, Odilcia is a current 4th year at the California State East Bay. Having been raised in Salinas, CA, she was surrounded by negative stereotypes of the Bay Area. However, because her family lived in the Bay, she had an early appreciation for what the Bay has to offer. Now that she lives in the Bay, she wants to use her insight and love for the Bay Area to help alter the negative stereotypes of the Bay that some people may have. @odilciab